I am a confirmed snacker. I’ve long professed it’s because I am genuinely hungry and I truly do feel a bit shaky and nauseous if I haven’t touched food for a few hours, going from slightly peckish to ravenously hypoglycaemic pretty damn quickly. However, blaming my snacking habit on a fast metabolism can only go so far, and the extra poundage I’m now carrying is fairly contradictory of my protestations. Quite frankly, I snack cause I’m greedy.
By snacking I mean the things I eat standing up in the kitchen or in front of the fridge. Some weird, some you might wana try yourself. There is a considerable theme of meat and cheese. No wonder my jeans are tighter.
In no particular order…..
1) Dairylea triangle with a slice of ham wrapped around it.
2) Crumpet with marmite, pesto, slab of mature cheddar, chilli slices. All together or a combination. Alex’s favourite but I don’t like mixing pesto and marmite. Funny that.
3) Marmite spoon.
4) Nutella spoon.
5) Dulce de leche spoon.
6) Peanut butter spoon.
7) Cottage cheese spoon
8) Cold left-over rice with Caesar dressing. I don’t give a shit if things are cold. I just use them as a vehicle for the Caesar dressing.
9) Slice of chorizo with a squeeze of Primula.
10) Slice of cucumber with a slice of Brie on top.
11) Forkful of whatever was leftover from dinner last night.
12) A single tinned anchovy.
13) Three olives.
14) Rolled up bit of prociutto with a lump of Stilton.
15) A single walnut with a dried apricot and chunk of Stilton – this was my flatmate Andy’s invention. Its good – like dinner and pudding in a mouthful.
16) Ritz cracker with cream cheese and pesto.
17) Slice of cheddar with Tabasco.